- One package of gluten free quinoa
- 1/4 lb medium size cooked shrimp (about 12 total)
- One garlic clove
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Lemon juice
- Ground pepper
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Empty the entire contents of the quinoa package into the boiling water.
- Cover the pot and set burner to “low”.
- Let simmer for about 16 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Keep quinoa covered until the rest of the meal is finished.
- (Since I cook the whole package, I usually eat 1/4 of the cooked quinoa per meal and save the rest for meal prepping during the week!)
Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry
- Set burner to “medium-high”and drizzle the olive oil into the pan.
- Peel and chop the garlic clove and let it sizzle in the oil.
- Cut the asparagus into three parts. (I prefer the spears and middle part so I discard the bottom third of the stalk.)
- Once the oil and garlic is bubbling, toss in the asparagus.
- Now it is time for the shrimp- I like my shrimp deveined and peeled before cooking so I make sure to take off the tails prior to putting them in the pan. Squirt lemon juice into pan and ground some pepper over the top.
- Toss shrimp and asparagus around the pan to evenly cook in the oil, garlic, and juice.
- Cook for about six minutes or until the shrimp tails are curled and the asparagus appears slightly crispy.
Put 1/4 of the quinoa on a plate and place the desired amount of shrimp and asparagus on top. *For me, this makes about two servings of shrimp and veggies and four servings of quinoa.
Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!