- One Spaghetti Squash
- 1/8 Cup Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
- Ground Pepper
- Microwave Spaghetti Squash for 30-40 seconds until warm and manageable. (If you skip this step, you may need a chainsaw- or worse- you’ll slice your thumb open like I did)
- Set oven too 400 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Pull out all of the seeds and guts. (The inside of this squash is almost identical to a pumpkin- happy carving!)
- Drizzle olive oil over both halves.
- Ground pepper over each half and sprinkle dried rosemary and basil in as well.
- Add desired amount of pine nuts to each half.
- Now is the fun part- Turn each half over so that the inside is facing down. (I know, you are thinking that all of the insides will fall out. Guess what, they will. It’s okay, people! This is how you roast those pine nuts and let the olive oil do its thing!)
- Let cook for about 30-40 minutes until you can smell the oven from across your studio apartment (anyone else struggling with a miniscule kitchen?) and the edges of the squash begin to caramelize.
- Scoop the perfectly roasted pine nuts back into their squash halves and admire your creation.
- Another fun part- It is called SPAGHETTI squash for a reason!
- Using a fork, start scraping at the sides and middle of each half.
- At this point, I guess you could grab a plate…
- If you hate doing the dishes and usually find yourself eating before you even sit down at a table, use the squash rind as a bowl and start indulging. (Yes, I do this.)
*I usually eat one of the halves for a meal and save the rest for the next day.
Thank you for reading – please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!