Yes, I said it, made it, and ate it! My goal was to create a relatively easy and healthy snack that works well for entertaining. I also have always wanted to try and make my own hummus by combining my favorite ingredients and flavors. A weird dream, I know. But hey, that’s me.
Although I love cheese and crackers with certain charcuterie choices, I get filled up way too quickly and usually end up with a stomach ache. I have never had hummus at any party or event I attended in the past, but I do believe it is a great option. It is so easy to make and there is absolutely no cooking involved! Plus, if you do love the wine and cheese combo, consider mixing your favorite wine into your hummus for an extra boost!
- 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. red wine
- 1 tsp. pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place garbanzo beans, olive oil, red wine, lemon juice, garlic paste, cumin, chili powder, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper in a food processor and blend well.
- Place in bowl or container of your choice and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and pine nuts.
- Serve with your favorite chip or cracker. (I chose organic gluten free corn chips from Trader Joes).
This recipe is as delicious as it is easy! It is the perfect guilt-free snack choice during your work day or a quick bite in the evening. After all, everyone could use a little pick me up mixed with wine to survive the week!