As a lover of all things fashion and shopping, I am a huge fan and participant of sales. I tend to save the money that I receive over the holidays and for my birthday until there is a great sale going on in a store that I already love to shop at. Although I focus on quality over quantity, I believe that being able to purchase four great items is better than spending the money on one thing just because it is new.
The current Bloomingdale’s sale is known as the Big Brown Bag event. I found so many wonderful things that I ended up opening a Bloomingdale’s credit card. This gave me an extra 15% off my purchase. All items that I bought were already on sale (and an extra 30-50% off!). For the purpose of this post, I decided to stick with the brand Aqua since it had over 100 items on sale. Other brands that I love and purchased from during this sale include BCBG Maxazria, BlankNYC, Under Armour, Maje, and Free People. Stay tuned to see outfit posts featuring my favorite items from these brands as well!
Below I have organized each of my favorite items from Aqua according to popular trends of the season. These picks include dresses, tops, and jackets. Check out my selections in each category including cultivating cut-outs, vivacious velvets, chilling cold shoulders, breathtaking bombers, and lively lace-ups. Simply click the link to purchase- don’t forget to add the promo code “BIGEVENT” at checkout for an extra 20% off!
CHILLING COLD SHOULDERS
- Thermal High-Low Cold Shoulder Top – This has a bit of a Free People vibe (for a much lower price). I love the thermal fabric and thin spaghetti straps.
- Skull Cold Shoulder Sweatshirt – You don’t need to be goth or emo to appreciate a little darkness. Hello, Alexander McQueen! I love the comfy feel of this sweater.
- Ribbed Cold Shoulder Shirt – The vertical ribbing makes your torso appear longer. The olive color is gorgeous as well.
- Bell Sleeve Cold Shoulder Blouse – What a great piece. The sleeves, neckline, and overall construction of this blouse are absolutely beautiful.
- Two Toned Bell Sleeve Lace Dress – Bell sleeves are extremely popular at the moment. The overlay of black lace over the midnight color creates a great contrast.
- Lace Overlay Cami Dress – My favorite dress of all time! The lace placement creates an amazing figure forming fit and the illusion of two pieces in one.
- Lace Mermaid Style Dress – I absolutely love this color. This piece is classy with a bit of excitement.
- Colorblock Lace Pencil Dress – Great for the office or a night out! This dress can be worn from day to night for any occasion. It is super classy and fits like a glove.
- Off-the-Shoulder Flutter Sleeve Cropped Velvet Top – One of my favorite tops that I purchased. It is the perfect length and looks great with pants or a skirt.
- Burnout Velvet Embossed Slip Dress – Slip dresses are huge right now! The burnout creates a two toned feel. Throw on a leather jacket for a little bit of edge.
- Scalloped V-Neck Velvet Dress – Red is my favorite color other than black. I’m obsessed with the neckline and fit of this dress.
- Choker Deep V Neckline Velvet Dress – Ahh, the choker dress! This full velvet number has an awesome bodycon shape and achieves the deep v-neckline while keeping all of your assets in place.
- Deep Red Velvet Bomber Jacket – This jacket is thicker and comfier than it appears. Love at first sight! I couldn’t take it off once I put it on. The color is great too.
- Military Style Bomber Jacket – This is a great start to get into the bomber trend. It comes in green, navy, light pink, and black!
- Embellished Silky Smooth Bomber – It is a great option if you loved the Antropologie bomber I have which can be found here . This version is much cheaper with the same basic embellished concept.
- Long Sleeve Lace-Up Ribbed Dress – I think this is the most exciting bomber I have ever seen. The ultimate mermaid goals achieved in a jacket. Who knew?!
- Long Sleeve Lace-Up Ribbed Dress – Can be dressed up or down for a night out. The tight ribbed silhouette shows off all of your curves. Own it!
- Short Sleeve Lace Up Two Pocket Shirt – This reminds me of a shirt I fell in love with at Madewell (again a much better option pricewise!). Great conversion piece to wear season to season.
- Long Sleeve Lace Up Two Pocket Blouse – Timeless yet trendy. The tencel fabric cannot be beat. You and I both definitely need this!
- Short Sleeve Deep V Lace Up Ribbed Dress – A little more sexy than the rest. The deep v creates excitement while the trapeze style creates comfort and ease.
I hope that you enjoyed this post and found some great items for yourself! While I was away in Florida over the weekend, I shopped this sale at the Mall of Millennia. I apologize for the delay, during this trip my iPhone decided to spontaneously combust so I was unable to upload content. However, I not only purchased a new iPhone 7 Plus, but I am also now a proud owner of an iPad that I can post from as well!