If you are in the Providence area you need to check out one of the sweetest most talented girls out there- Marilenis Waldron! Not only is she an amazing hair stylist, but she is also a signed model in both New York and Rhode Island. I had the pleasure of meeting her while pursuing fashion in college. She finishes up her degree this year and hopes to become a full time stylist in her own salon.
Since your hair is one of the first things people notice about you besides your great smile, it is so important that you keep up with it! The best part about working with Mari, is that she is a one (wo)man show and gives you her complete personalized attention.
Check out some of Mari’s suggestions below and find out more about her work:
Tips and Tricks:
- Wash your hair less! 1-2 times a week is recommended since washing your hair too often strips your hair of its natural oils. (You should still shower though people!)
- Deep condition your hair at least once a week to keep your ends from splitting.
- Use an all-natural treatment. A teaspoon of coconut oil, half of an avocado, and one egg will do the trick! These natural nutrients work wonders.
- Stop procrastinating! Get small trims every 6-8 weeks to keep your hair healthy.
- Do NOT use heat every day. This includes straightening, curling, and even just blow drying! However, when you have to, be sure to use a heat protector!
Every week, Mari holds a special event in her salon called “Blow Dry Friday”. This is a great idea for introducing new clients as well as getting college students with a smaller budget into the salon. Blow Dry Friday is only $10 and includes a blowout and style. Also, Mari allows you to connect your phone to her Bluetooth speaker so you can practice your singing and dance moves before your night on the town.
I think this is a genius idea for people like me that are always on the move and never have time to do their own hair. I was ecstatic to be a part of this event last week and have my hair done right before heading out for my friend’s birthday. It really blows my mind (and hair) that for only $10 you can go from drab to fab with Mari’s magic touch!
After dancing in your seat to your favorite playlist, giving your hair a little lift, and having a customized consultation, you can even shop Mari’s closet! The items on Mari’s “Thrift With Me” rack can be yours for only $5.00 and under!
This is a great way to mix and mingle with your friends after you all participate in the Blow Dry Friday event. What a wonderful start to your Girl’s Night Out!
Mari is located right off of Broadway near Federal Hill. She cuts, colors, and styles hair with open availability! Schedule an appointment with her by following styledbymari on both Instagram and Facebook. You can also reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be on your way to looking good and feeling great by booking with Mari today!